LCdr C. M. St. Laurent
LCdr Charles M. St. Laurent enlisted in the Naval Reserve in 1956 before entering the US Naval Academy. He received his commission upon graduation with a BS degree in 1961.
His first duty station was aboard the USS Fletcher DD445. He also served aboard the USS O'brien DD725 and as a member of COMCRUDESFLOT 3 staff.
He was the commanding officer of the USS Chaokia ATA186 from 1966 to 1967. He attended Destroyer School and earned an MS degree in oceanography in 1970 at the US Naval Post Graduate School, Monterey, CA.
He reported aboard the USS Richard B Anderson in July 1973 as the Executive Officer after a one year tour in Vietnam. The ship at the time was home-ported in Yokosuka Japan. In September of 1975 the ship was ordered to return to San Diego to be decommissioned in December. 3 months prior to the decommissioning, Captain Lew Thames, received orders to a new duty station and LCDR St Laurent took command and completed the decommissioning process. LCDR ST Laurent's next duty assignment was with the Pacific Fleet Propulsion Examining Board (PEB) where he was the senior member of the Gas Turbine Examining Team.
Following the PEB assignment, Commander ST Laurent reported to Bath, Maine where he assumed duties as the first Officer in Charge of the Fleet Introduction Team for the FFG class ships being built in the Bath shipyard.
Completing this tour, Commander ST Laurent assumed command of the USS Jonas Ingram DD-938 home-ported in Mayport, FL, where he made two deployments to the SIXTH Fleet.
Commander ST Laurent then served a one year tour as the Executive Officer for the Naval Support Facility in Diego, Garcia and a one year tour in the shipyard support section in the Naval Sea Systems Command in Washington, DC where he retired after 23 years of service.